This notice describes how health information about you may be used and disclosed, and how you can get access to this information. Please review it carefully.
How We May Use and Disclose your Health Information. PWN Remote Care Services, P.A., PWN Remote Care Services, P.C., PW Medical Professional and certain other affiliated professional entities and PWNHealth, LLC (the administrative services provider of the professional entities (collectively, "PWNHealth", "we" or "us") may use your health information and disclose it to appropriate persons, authorities and agencies, as allowed by federal and state law. Please be aware that state and federal law may have more requirements on how we use and disclose your health information. If there are specific, more restrictive requirements, even for some of the purposes listed above, we may not disclose your health information without your written permission as required by such laws. We may also be required by law to obtain your written permission to use and disclose your information related to treatment for a mental illness, developmental disability, or alcohol or drug abuse. We may do this without your written permission for the following limited purposes:
- Required by Law.
- Public Health.
- Reporting Victims of Abuse or Neglect.
- Health Care Oversight.
- Legal Proceedings & Law Enforcement.
- Serious Threats to Health or Safety.
We may also disclose any information that you provide to use or that is provided on your behalf. You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the disclosure of such information as set forth below.
Your Health Information Rights. You have the right to:
- Read and copy your health information.
- Request to correct your health information.
- Request to restrict certain uses and disclosures of your information. You have the right to request in writing that we restrict how your health information is used or disclosed. For most requests, under the law, we are not required to agree to your request. In some cases, we may not be able to agree to your request because we do not have a way to tell everyone who would need to know about the restriction. There are other instances in which we are not required to agree with your request. We will inform you when we cannot find a way to carry out your request.
- Receive a record of how we disclosed your information.
- Receive notification of a breach and obtain a paper copy of this notice.
Contact us at email@example.com or PWNHealth, 123 W 18th Street, New York, NY 10011, Attn: Privacy Officer with any questions or concerns regarding the above.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect. In your use of the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services, we may collect any information that you voluntarily share with us. This information may be collected when you (i) send us emails or other messages, (ii) submit information through the PWNHealth genetic counseling support tools, such as messaging in connection with a webinar or the “Ask a Genetic Counselor a Question” messaging feature, (iii) otherwise submit information to us via the PWNHealth Website, such as through the “Contact Us” feature, (iv) provide information during genetic counseling sessions, or (v) otherwise provide information in connection with the PWNHealth Services. This information may also be collected by third party service providers or partners on our behalf. In addition, we receive from Ancestry the personal information you provided to Ancestry that is required to perform the PWNHealth Services, such as your contact information, biographical information, personal and family health history information and purpose or reasons for taking the test. Certain information in the PWNHealth genetic counseling support tools, such as certain “Ask a Genetic Counselor” messaging, will be collected on the Ancestry Website and provided to PWNHealth. We also receive your test reports from the applicable laboratory and Ancestry.
We may use third party service providers to assist us in collecting and maintaining this personally identifiable information. However, we require such service providers to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
How we use Personally Identifiable Information we Collect. We will use personally identifiable information: (i) to provide the PWNHealth Services to you; (ii) to send messages to you and otherwise communicate with you in connection with the PWNHealth Services, (iii) as otherwise may be disclosed at the point of collection, and/or (iv) as described below or in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
In addition, we may use your personal information in the aggregate in a non-identifiable way in order to better understand the PWNHealth Services being provided, to improve the PWNHealth services, to improve the PWNHealth Website and for any other lawful purpose.
Other Information Collected On the PWNHealth Website. When you visit the PWNHealth Website, we (or a third party service provider on our behalf) may passively collect the following non-personal information about you and your usage of the PWNHealth Website.
- IP Address. Your IP address may be collected. Your "IP address" is usually associated with the network location and physical location from which you enter the Internet. We log IP addresses for systems administration purposes. This information helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited and we also use this information to personalize the content that is displayed to you on the PWNHealth Website based on your previous visits and the ads that you access. We do not link IP address to any information that is personally identifiable.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can disable this function so that your browser will not accept cookies. Please be aware that if you disable this function, it may impact your use and enjoyment of the PWNHealth Website.
- Web Beacons and Pixel Tags. The term "web beacons" and "pixel tags" refer to Internet tools, such as transparent images on the PWNHealth Website or in emails that we may send to you that help us to determine whether a page has been viewed or an email opened. A pixel tag is a type of web beacon embedded in an image on the website. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page can contain a pixel tag or other web beacon. We may also use these Internet technology tools to allow us to track the internet browser most commonly used to access the PWNHealth Website and other statistics that assist us in making the PWNHealth Website more user-friendly and accessible.
- Statistical Identifiers and Device Recognition. We (or our service providers on our behalf) may employ statistical identifiers, also known as device recognition tools. These tools may be used to assist in managing the content on the PWNHealth Website by informing us (without using cookies) of the content that you use and view on the PWNHealth Website. These tools collect various information about your device, such as your screen resolution, browser type, and operating system. Many devices have unique, or near unique, device profiles such that collecting this information allows us and our service providers to determine with a reasonable level of statistical accuracy information on your engagement with the PWNHealth, as well as your device when you interact with the PWNHealth Website. We do not tie this statistical information to your personal information.
- Surveys. We may also ask that you participate in anonymous surveys, which allow us to collect additional data to help us improve the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services. Participation in such surveys is voluntary and is not connected to any of your personal information.
- Analytics. We use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate to determine how much traffic the PWNHealth Website receives, to statistically analyze PWNHealth Website usage, to improve our content, and to customize the PWNHealth Website's content, layout and services. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to manage the PWNHealth Website and to enhance the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services based on the usage pattern data we receive.
How we Disclose the Information we Collect. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, in compliance with applicable law.
In addition, you agree that we have the right to disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- to Ancestry (please note, for any information disclosed to Ancestry, the use and disclosure of such information by Ancestry will be governed by the Ancestry Policies);
- to the laboratory that performed or will perform the genetic tests relating to the PWNHealth Services;
- to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, including our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and contractually affiliated, professional corporations as needed to provide the PWNHealth Services;
- to analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent;
- to third-party service providers specifically involved in the processing of your information received via the PWNHealth Website and as otherwise necessary to manage the PWNHealth Website and provide the PWNHealth Services you request;
- to investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the PWNHealth Website; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public;
- if we, or any of our businesses, are sold or disposed of as a going concern, whether by merger, reorganization, sale of assets or otherwise, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership; and
- in connection with a commercial transaction where we are seeking financing, investment, support or funding.
Handling and Retention of Information; Backup. In general, we will retain all information collected through the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services for, at a minimum, the length of time permitted by applicable law. We maintain backup files as a protection against natural disasters, equipment failures, or other disruptions. Backup files protect you and us because they lower the risk of losing valuable data. Backup files may contain records with your personal information. Removing a record from our active files and databases does not remove that record from any backup systems. Such backup data will eventually be passively deleted as backup records are erased through the normal recycling of backup files. In the meantime, as long as backup records exist, they receive the same security protections as our other records.
Security. Communications between your browser and portions of the PWNHealth Website containing personally identifiable information may be protected with various forms of encryption. This encryption is to help protect your information while it is being transmitted. Once we receive your information we strive to maintain the physical and electronic security of your personal information using commercially reasonable efforts.
HOWEVER, NO DATA TRANSMISSION OVER THE INTERNET OR ANY WIRELESS NETWORK CAN BE GUARANTEED TO BE PERFECTLY SECURED. AS A RESULT, WHILE WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USING COMMERCIALLY AVAILABLE AND INDUSTRY STANDARD TECHNOLOGY, WE CANNOT ENSURE OR GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information form accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. As you access your personal information in connection with the PWNHealth Services by logging on to your Ancestry account, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
- Security Breach. If we determine that your personal information has or may reasonably have been disclosed due to a security breach of our systems, we will notify you to the extent required by applicable state and federal law, using your information that we have on file.
- California Privacy Rights. California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of the PWNHealth Website and PWNHealth Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. PWNHealth does not disclose any personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.